Saturday, June 1, 2013

FOUR MONTHS!!!

Can you believe it? I can't... This year has flown by. I can hardly believe that Liam wasn't born yesterday. Seriously, when people say things like "They moved into the ward in January, so they've been here a little while" I'm like "No, January was only... Five months ago?!?!?!?" We're almost done with the first six books we picked for book club! Liam can almost sit up on his own.


I was looking at pictures of when he was first born and he was so frail and tiny looking and now he's this giant chunk of baby fat! We went to Red Lobster on the 23rd and I realized the last time we were there was the day before Liam was born. This may not seem like a big deal, but Jason and I really like Red Lobster and we generally go a little more often than every four months.

Also diapers are so stinkin expensive. Why not use cloth diapers you ask? There is NO WAY I would put one of his poopy diapers in a washing machine that my clothes will later inhabit. Not to brag, but pretty sure his poopy diapers are the most disgusting things in the civilized world. That is why they will spend centuries decomposing at the dump instead of being reused at a later day. Eww. Gross. Not for me.

In other musings... I really miss typing on a keyboard. Yes, I'm using one now, but generally I just use my itouch since that is easy to use one handed and a keyboard can't be easily utilized while nursing or generally holding a child. But I love typing with both hands. My old typing teacher in sixth grade would never believe it, but I do!

Also, I got a library card this week. Here they do city libraries instead of the county system like in Texas. Because of that I couldn't get a card at the library 2 minutes away from me because it isn't in my city. That was a major bummer. But I was so excited to get my card and I checked our a stack of books. Sadly, I am not reading them as fast as I thought I would. Probably because I started working on things around the house, but if we can manage to keep it fairly clean that will leave me more reading time.

Pretty much anything can be done while dragging around a baby. Vacuuming just requires strapping him to you, restaurants just get a booth and you can put the car seat in it, strollers, carriers, and wraps. It works best if you have a super chill baby like Liam. Seriously, it is ridiculous how chill he is until he isn't. Today we went to a baby contest and I was so excited because I KNEW he would win. My little charmer would blow a raspberry between grins and those judges would melt in his hands, but noooo Liam had other plans. The second they tried to get him to play with a toy he started screaming, and wouldn't stop. He NEVER does that and a minute later he was his happy self. I think he threw the competition as a test of our love. Silly boy. Of course we love him, win, lose, or draw.
Seriously, how could anyone not love this kid? I think it is hilarious how sometimes he will smile and laugh and let ANYONE hold him (like at Activity Days a couple weeks ago). And sometimes a look or a smile from someone will send him into a meltdown (Aunt Lauren, Great-grandma, the judges), but not even consistently the same people... Ugh I love him so much it hurts. Oh also I got him TWO rhino outfits in the last week. One is technically PJs, but it has a rhino police officer and the other was at Wal*mart and it rang up as "dump truck", but it was an orange shirt with a cute rhino and camo pants. So excited for him to wear them!

Sorry this post is so sporadic, but I'm just enjoying typing on a keyboard and the knowledge that hardly anyone will see this and of those who read it, most probably don't care that much, but as a reward for reading the post here are a list of Liam's tricks and a sprinkling of pictures that weren't posted on facebook.

Liam's list of tricks
Smiling
Laughing
Rolling Over
Blowing Raspberries
"Singing" one long loud note
Grabbing his toes
Putting things in his mouth (especially his fist)
Putting his pacifier in his mouth (he can get it back in, but he hasn't mastered letting go, so he generally pulls it right back out)

No comments:

Post a Comment