Changes:
Sleeping. What's that? I used to just sleep in all the time and sleep through a whole night, but now I fall asleep with womb sounds playing and wake up whenever Liam tells me to.
Snuggling with Jason. So every evening before Liam was born Jason and I used to snuggle on the couch and watch things like Numbers, or Murdoch Mysteries and just enjoy our togetherness. Liam is jealous and has super senses. He'll fall asleep in his bouncy seat and Jason and I will snuggle up and after about a minute Liam will wake up suddenly and scream bloody murder. You think he'd be happy his parents love each other..
Laundry. We have to do it more often and we have to actually treat stuff. Liam soils clothing a lot and his burp cloths get so filthy that even after washing them repeatedly the putrid stench still lingers. So now we have to soak them in oxy clean for multiple hours.
Dinner. Jason has to make it a lot more often because Liam is eating or he screams like crazy while I'm in the middle of making it. That has been hard for me because I love cooking so I miss it.
Things I've Learned:
My parents deserve a million dollars. Liam is a perfect baby and hardly ever cries, but when he does it is miserable. I get heat flashes and headaches and not to mention it hurts my ears and he likes to throw his head around when he's crying so he hits my lip and it hurts... My mom says I was a colic ridden baby and cried all the time. I can't imagine how unpleasant that must have been! I love them and appreciate how stinkin hard they worked.
Tricks to comfort a sad baby.
- Swaddling. The warmth and immobilizing power of a blanket make the baby feel better.
- Womb Sounds. I don't even know. He just loves the ridiculously comical imitation of my womb's atmosphere. He startles awake at night sometimes when the womb recording ends.
- Pacifier. Nuff said.
- Gas Drops. They make him fall asleep too. I don't know why, but he takes them and sleeps.
- Sit him at the table during dinner. He LOVES being a part of everything so we've been putting him in his high chair so he can be at the same level as mommy and daddy.
The humans are capable of so much love! I love my brothers and sister so much, I love my mom and dad a whole bunch, and I love Jason to the moon and back and now I love Liam so much it hurts. When I was younger I imagined the heart broken up into sections sized by how much you love someone, but now I know that there is love sufficient for your needs.
Here's my little munchkin. Don't worry he's heavily supervised while sleeping like that, as in I'm sitting here next to him and checking on him every five seconds.

No comments:
Post a Comment