Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas 2012

Jason and I had our first Christmas alone this year. Initially, I was so sad because I've never spent a Christmas without my family, but my family is coming up later this week, so I'm super stoked! We tried to make Christmas here as much like home as we could. We baked cookies that we're used to having at home sugar cookies, and triple chocolate from my family and gingerbread and fudge from Jason's. We brought plates of these cookies to people in our ward and our local friends and family. We sang carols as we brought these over which is a tradition from Jason's family. We went to Jason's aunt's house on Christmas Eve for a Shepard's Dinner and reading the Christmas story. When Jason and I got home we read the parts of the story that are in the Book of Mormon (Samuel's prophecy and the Nephites seeing the sign). This is an important part of the Christmas story in my family. We stuffed our stockings (including one for Liam) and then went to bed. We woke up really early and made opening presents last three hours. How you ask? In shifts. We opened the presents to each other first, then we ate breakfast, then we opened the presents from Jason's parents and Michelle and then we folded all the clothes we had washed the day before and then opened the presents from my parents. It was super fun and we loved everything we got. We spent the rest of the day getting ready for dinner and making a cake for my friend Quentin whose birthday is the 26th. He couldn't go home for Christmas, so we had him come eat with us. Our dinner was AMAZING! We had mashed potatoes, turkey, gravy, corn, rolls, yams and stuffing. Mmmm. Now here are some picture highlights of our day.

















No comments:

Post a Comment