Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Family

So I love my family and I am so grateful for the opportunity we have to be together for all eternity. Our church believes that if a family is sealed in the temple that when we die we will be able to see each other and exist as a family in heaven for eternity. Sealings can even take place by proxy for those who have already died, so that if a family loses a child they can still have that child sealed to them. It's a beautiful doctrine that makes me so happy. I can't imagine being without Jason or Liam and I'm so happy I never have to! Our church also focuses on geneology so that your family can be sealed for many generations before you. We are told to
Our church also teaches how important it is to be with our family in this life. We have family home evening once a week where we play games together, study the gospel and eat treats! Everyday we have family prayer and scripture study where we read the scriptures together and pray as a family and the church also encourages families to eat dinner together as often as possible and discuss the events of the day. In 1995 the leaders of our church released a document discussing how important the family is and it's purpose here is a link to that article http://www.lds.org/topics/family-proclamation
If you have any questions feel free to ask me and I'll do my very best to answer them!
Here are some pictures of my family:

Jason and I were married in the Houston Texas Temple on August 14, 2010 since we were sealed all of our children will be sealed to us by default or "born in the covenant"
Liam was blessed on March 17 (a baby blessing involves a baby's male relatives blessing them and it is when the baby officially appears on the records of the church)
My whole family! I love them so much!
Jason's family who we also love so much!
 
Since Lauren wasn't in the other picture here's one of her with Liam! She was his first not parent family member!

No comments:

Post a Comment