Today we went to the funeral for Grandpa Allred. He was a great man who set a wonderful example for all of us. We were so lucky to have him seal us and to be so close to us for the last year and a half. The first time I ever met Grandpa was right after Jason and I started dating. We went over to grandma and grandpa's for dinner after attending General Conference with Kimberly and David. I loved him right away. We talked about the Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio where both my grandpas had served. Jason, David and Grandpa all were leaving to go to Priesthood session and Grandpa said "Now, kiss your girls!" Jason and I hadn't kissed yet and this about killed him in embarrassment as he awkwardly walked over and hugged me. We'll miss Grandpa a lot and we are so grateful for the time we had with him.

No comments:
Post a Comment